Have you ever used the Alt+Tab key combination to switch between applications / tasks in Windows? And did you get fed up with the Windows Task Manager unfriendly graphical user interface? If you want replacements for both of them in one simple application, check out TaskSwitchXP.
TaskSwitchXP is an open-source, user-friendly task management utility that aims to improve the original Alt+Tab task switcher and Windows Task Manager. Once installed, you can view your task list by pressing the same Alt+Tab key combination. From the same interface, you can also control and manage your Windows tasks and processes.
Here are some cool things that you can do with TaskSwitchXP:
- Set the Alt+Tab key to sticky mode so you don’t have to keep your fingers pressed on it and then use your cursor keys to select or manage your tasks.
- Get better view of open windows with thumbnail preview of running tasks.
- Use your mouse to scroll between task lists.
- Middle click or press F1 on the thumbnail preview of a task to show advanced information on each task, for example; CPU time and memory usage.
- Right click on a thumbnail preview for task management actions e.g. switch to, minimize, maximize, close, end process and more. No more Ctrl+Alt+Esc to open the Windows Task Manager!
- Left click and press Shift on multiple items, and perform a mass task management action like close to turn them off all at once.
- Select only open windows from the same application e.g. multiple Windows Explorer windows by pressing Winkey+F11 for mass task management actions.
- Minimize a window to the system tray by selecting it and press F3 to unclutter your task bar.
There are still a lot more hidden gems inside TaskSwitchXP that you can use. It is undoubtedly one of the best tools that you can use to pimp your Windows XP/2003. Don’t forget to try this Alt+Tab and Windows task manager alternative today!